Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reflection





I look into a mirror, the mirror on my wall,
I see shoulders slumped in defeat,
I see eyes desperate for a retreat
Into myself, where I am safe,
Me demons cannot pursue me here,
My other self shows real fear,
And in his eyes, my eyes I see,
A longing, a desire to be free.

I look into a mirror, the mirror of my friends,
I wonder what they see,
As they stare back at me,
A man of arrogance, a man too proud,
Someone they'd rather lose in a crowd,
Very few among them know,
How my true feelings flow,
I wonder what they see,
Their eyes bore right through me.

I look into a mirror, the mirror of the world,
People I know merely by a glance,
Others I wish, to meet, I had a chance,
All of them they look at me,
Some, like, others hate what they see,
They see a man too vain, too cruel,
A man ever eager to fight a duel,
Someone who wont back down till the win,
No matter the cost, he must win,
That is what they see as they stare,
None of them even care,
To see the real me, the one I hide,
My light, or maybe, darker side,
How can I blame them, I give them just cause,
I wish they knew though, everyone has flaws

I look into a mirror, the mirror of my heart,
The one within which noone sees,
The reflection no man can seize
The only me I ever want to be,
The one I want everyone to see,
But he is hidden deep within,
Safe from the world, he lays within,
Crying with every breath I take,
Every change I make for the world's sake,
All I want is for him to stop his tears,
For the world to overcome its fears,
And embrace the one within, my true self,
How can they, when I haven't, myself.


Something I wrote as a post, that is, right now, unlike my other works, which were written much earlier than when I posted them. A much more personal poem, and I know some people who might appreciate its honesty...

No comments:

Post a Comment