Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hmmm....(2)

Now that the blog is officially up and running, I am faced with the daunting task of quality control. If I am to expand my reader base, I have to make this substantially more than the ramblings of a half-crazy 19 year old...
The stuff below was a song I wrote for my band, but it never really took off. Might have something to do with the fact that I was lead singer, and I cannot positively absolutely sing for peanuts. I changed it a bit, took out the chorus, and was left with something suprisingly poetic...




What the world has made (of me)

Life seems to slip away,
I lose my place for good,
I forget who I am,
And I ask of myself,
Is life worth fighting for?
Is love worth living for?
Because now I see, what the world has made of me, 
And I give up all my hope.

What is the purpose of this?
Why this life at all?
I wonder why this fiction, 
I want to leap from up high.
As I stand on the edge
As I stare into the deep,
I clearly see what the world has made of me, 
And I give up all my hope.

Why continue this fight?
Why live in twilight?
Why not give in?
Why not give up?
I can't even see the sun,
The stars dont shine for me,
Now I am what the world has made of me,
And I have given up my hope.

(guitar solo ending in a drum beat)

How can I give up this fight?
How can I abandon
All that I love,
All that I live for?
As I stand on the edge,
My heart beats again,
I refuse to be what the world has made of me
And I must hold on to my hope.

I stare into the night
But my head is held high
My soul stirs from slumber,
My passion re-ignites
Life is worth fighting for
Love is worth living for,
Now I see that the world has made me, me
And I live in my hope...


1 comment:

  1. Did you really write it cous? Fantastic stuff!! Way to go, bro!

    ReplyDelete